Tuesday, September 20, 2016

SCARE-A-THON 2016 ANNOUNCEMENT

The end of September is fast upon us, and you know what that means. October is just around the corner, and it's time for the Scare-A-Thon 2016!

What is a Scare-A-Thon? Well, it's caring through scaring. Think of it like a walk-a-thon, but instead of walking a whole bunch, I'm going to watch a ton of horror movies with the purpose of raising money for certain organizations. Once again, I have selected the Fox Valley's Reach Counseling Services, who strives to end sexual violence and promote healing in our community. New to this year is the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. This is a bit of a personal selection, as in 2004, I lost my father to a 9-year battle with Chronic Malignant Leukemia. This is a way to honor my dad, considering he was the one who first introduced me to the world of horror.

For many years now, October for me has turned into 31 Days of Horror. The goal being to watch 31 horror flicks during the month, at least 16 of those being first-time views. In the spirit of a walk-a-thon or read-a-thon, I am asking for your assistance on a per-movie pledge basis with a prospective goal of 31 titles that I plan to watch. (For example, a ten-cent pledge would result in an approximate $3.10 donation.) Of course, you are welcome to make a lower – or higher – per-movie pledge, or make a straightforward donation of whatever amount you deem viable. Any and every pledge, no matter the amount, will be greatly appreciated.

If you are interested in participating, please contact me at john.marcus.pata(at)gmail.com with your desired pledge amount. To document my progress, I will be posting weekly right here. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

If you can't pledge this year, that's completely understandable. You can still support the Scare-A-Thon by sharing this. The more, the merrier!

Thanks for your time! Here’s wishing everyone a happy and safe Halloween season!


No comments:

Post a Comment